- It pushes me to be my best self through movement – whether it’s exploring my own musicality, inventiveness and rhythm, it pushes me to be better and more playful.
- It’s the best boyfriend I’ve ever had, I always say sometimes I’m more in love with Lindy Hop and sometimes Lindy Hop is more in love with me. My interest and focus has ebb-ed and flowed over the last ten years. I’m in a serious love affair these days – I have never been more inspired with the dance and with all of you on the social dance floor.
- It encourages me to dare, to take risks and challenge my preconceived notions of what my potential and ability is and could be.
- It changes. Cause we all change. It’s never the same, you never take that same rock step twice. I find this strangely comforting.
- And most importantly, it brings us all together. I get to meet my chosen family. My peers, my awe-inspiring colleagues. My beloved students, my like-minded mega babes. It is an energy and magic that rarely exists in other art/hobby forms and I am so grateful.
The International Lindy Hop Championships feels like a strange homecoming – I get to see so many people I know and love in one place, celebrating together. I’m nervous – that’s the nature of contests – but I’m just so proud to be going and spending time with those I care about as we push ourselves and throw down. Boom! You can watch the live stream here!
4 thoughts on “Reasons I love Lindy Hop”
Love this Nancy -you’ll be awesome as ever in the ILHC – more than that you’ll have the most fabulous time. Good Luck to all and can’t wait to see the routine. I am inspired by you and your attitude – challenges here I come xx
Awww…thanks Jenny! Such kind words. Let’s see where we can go together. 🙂
have fun at ILHC! Yay Lindy Hop!
agree on all counts. And so glad that you will be joining us on the air as one of our guest commentators!